1-2 business days from receipt of all samples
NOTE: One (1) business day is express service, which carries an additional fee.
Chain-of-custody requirements must be fulfilled for test results to be defensible in any legal situation, such as inheritance disputes. These requirements include the following:
- Samples are collected by a neutral third party, such as High 5 Fingerprinting
- The individuals tested are positively identified (i.e., They present a government-issued ID to be photocopied and/or they are photographed)
- A standard DNA kit is used
- Each party completes and signs a Client Identification and Consent Form
- Guardianship of tested minor must be verified at the time of signing consent
- The kit may not be in the possession of the clients prior to, or after, being collected
- In a non-chain-of-custody test, samples can be collected by the patients themselves or assisted by a collection site (High 5 Fingerprinting). Results of this test are for personal knowledge only and may not be used for legal purposes.
- An in-home kit is used, and buccal samples can be collected by the patients themselves, or assisted by collection site, at a time and place of their choosing
- Since the origin of the samples cannot be verified, names are listed on the report the same way they are labeled on the samples
- A unique barcode is assigned to each kit and appears on the report as a reference for the case
- Barcoded kits are assigned to your account for easy reference